By James Phelan,Peter J. Rabinowitz
- Comprises 35 unique essays written through major figures within the field
- Includes contributions from pioneers within the box resembling Wayne C. sales space, Seymour Chatman, J. Hillis Miller and Gerald Prince
- Represents all of the significant serious ways to narrative and investigates and debates the kin among them
- Considers narratives in numerous disciplines, corresponding to legislations and medicine
- Features analyses of a number of media, together with movie, song, and painting
- Designed to be of curiosity to experts, but available to readers with little previous wisdom of the field
Read or Download A Companion to Narrative Theory (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
Wendy B. Sharer explores the rhetorical and pedagogical practices during which well-liked postsuffrage organizations—the League of girls electorate and the Women’s overseas League for Peace and Freedom—challenged the conventions of male-dominated political discourse and proficient girls as strong rhetors.
Documentary images goals to seize the cloth truth of lifestyles. In Rhetorical Exposures, Christopher Carter demonstrates how the construction and show of documentary photos— usually now known as “ imagetexts” — either invite research and lift power questions about the political and social motives for the awful scenes of poverty and misery captured on movie.
Hillary Rodham Clinton and the 2016 Election: Her Political and Social Discourse is an edited assortment that demonstrates the ways that Clinton has used political rhetoric and discourse to supply and assert her correct to management in her many jobs as First girl, Senator from ny, and Secretary of kingdom.
The artistic writing workshop has existed because the early a part of the twentieth century, yet does it competently serve the scholars who come to it this day? whereas the workshop is usually considered a sort of student-centered pedagogy, it seems that workshop conversations serve to marginalize quite a number aesthetic orientations and the cultural histories to which they belong.
- Die Rhetorik des Spitzensports (Rhetorik-Forschungen) (German Edition)
- Creating Conservatism: Postwar Words that Made an American Movement (Rhetoric & Public Affairs)
- The SAGE Handbook of Rhetorical Studies
- Local Knowledges, Local Practices: Writing in the Disciplines at Cornell (Pitt Comp Literacy Culture)
- Speaking the Unspeakable in Postwar Germany: Toward a Public Discourse on the Holocaust (Signale: Modern German Letters, Cultures, and Thought)
Additional info for A Companion to Narrative Theory (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)