By Deborah F. Atwater
Read Online or Download African American Women's Rhetoric: The Search for Dignity, Personhood, and Honor (Race, Rites, and Rhetoric: Colors, Cultures, and Communication) PDF
Best rhetoric books
Wendy B. Sharer explores the rhetorical and pedagogical practices by which widespread postsuffrage organizations—the League of ladies electorate and the Women’s foreign League for Peace and Freedom—challenged the conventions of male-dominated political discourse and informed ladies as robust rhetors.
Documentary images goals to catch the fabric truth of existence. In Rhetorical Exposures, Christopher Carter demonstrates how the production and exhibit of documentary images— frequently now known as “ imagetexts” — either invite research and lift power questions about the political and social explanations for the grim scenes of poverty and misery captured on movie.
Hillary Rodham Clinton and the 2016 Election: Her Political and Social Discourse is an edited assortment that demonstrates the ways that Clinton has used political rhetoric and discourse to supply and assert her correct to management in her many jobs as First woman, Senator from long island, and Secretary of nation.
The artistic writing workshop has existed because the early a part of the 20 th century, yet does it thoroughly serve the scholars who come to it this day? whereas the workshop is usually regarded as a sort of student-centered pedagogy, it seems that workshop conversations serve to marginalize more than a few aesthetic orientations and the cultural histories to which they belong.
- Crossing Borders, Drawing Boundaries: The Rhetoric of Lines across America
- Classical Rhetoric and Modern Public Relations: An Isocratean Model (Routledge Research in Public Relations)
- Learning from Language: Symmetry, Asymmetry, and Literary Humanism (Pitt Comp Literacy Culture)
- Landmark Essays on Writing Centers: Volume 9 (Landmark Essays Series)
- Refiguring Rhetorical Education: Women Teaching African American, Native American, and Chicano/a Students, 1865-1911
- Analyze, Organize, Write: Structured Program for Expository Writing
Additional resources for African American Women's Rhetoric: The Search for Dignity, Personhood, and Honor (Race, Rites, and Rhetoric: Colors, Cultures, and Communication)