By Bob Altemeyer
The authors of Amazing Conversions, either social psychologists, surveyed hundreds of thousands of teens to discover that small quantity who have been "amazing believers" or "amazing apostates." those infrequent participants inform their tales, that are supplemented by means of their responses to an in depth questionnaire. The ensuing photograph exhibits that tremendous believers and awesome apostates are dramatically diversified teams of individuals, even if their lives now stand against prior (non)religious education. You, too, can whole an analogous questionnaire to benefit extra approximately your self and your ideals. have you ever skilled an awesome conversion?
Read or Download Amazing Conversions: Why Some Turn to Faith & Others Abandon Religion: Why Some Turn to Faith and Others Abandon Religion PDF
Best religious studies books
Like many american citizens, the jap Orthodox converts during this research areparticipants in what students this day seek advice from because the “spiritual marketplace”or quest tradition of increasing non secular range and person choice-making that marks the post-World warfare II American non secular panorama. during this hugely readable ethnographic learn, Slagle explores the methods inwhich converts, clerics, and lifetime church participants use marketplacemetaphors in describing and enacting their spiritual lives.
This e-book places spirit again on the center of spirituality. through exploring the standard affects of different religious ideals and practices, the e-book examines contemporary spirituality and the way serious social technological know-how can map and comprehend it.
A set of essays by means of parents within the box addressing a number of the concerns dealing with Catholic institution leaders delivering perception and attainable suggestions to those hard concerns. Our titles support all catholic educators and directors have the pro assets to fulfill the top criteria of excellence in Catholic schooling.
A viciously cogent assault upon all of humanity’s so much obdurate, irrational and sacred ideals. Victor Godot tracks God again to his little “hidey hole,” takes names and beats the holy crap out of him, mano y mano. outcome? Godot 1 - God zero, by means of decisive knockout.
- Body or the Soul?: Religion and Culture in a Quebec Parish, 1736-1901 (Mcgill-Queen's Studies in the History of Religion)
- The Timeless Relevance of Traditional Wisdom (Perennial Philosophy)
- Religion, Violence and Cities
- Zivilreligion in den USA und in Japan - ein Vergleich der Konzepte von Robert N. Bellah und Shmuel N. Eisenstadt (German Edition)
- Cosmopolitanism, Nationalism, and Modern Paganism (Palgrave Studies in New Religions and Alternative Spiritualities)
- Die Sozialität des Erinnerns: Beiträge zur Arbeit an einer Theorie des sozialen Gedächtnisses (Soziales Gedächtnis, Erinnern und Vergessen – Memory Studies) (German Edition)
Additional resources for Amazing Conversions: Why Some Turn to Faith & Others Abandon Religion: Why Some Turn to Faith and Others Abandon Religion