By Darren Dochuk,Thomas S. Kidd,Kurt W. Peterson
Read or Download American Evangelicalism: George Marsden and the State of American Religious History PDF
Similar religious studies books
Like many americans, the japanese Orthodox converts during this examine areparticipants in what students this day check with because the “spiritual marketplace”or quest tradition of increasing spiritual range and person choice-making that marks the post-World warfare II American spiritual panorama. during this hugely readable ethnographic learn, Slagle explores the methods inwhich converts, clerics, and lifetime church participants use marketplacemetaphors in describing and enacting their non secular lives.
This booklet places spirit again on the middle of spirituality. by way of exploring the standard affects of other religious ideals and practices, the e-book examines contemporary spirituality and the way severe social technological know-how can map and comprehend it.
A suite of essays by way of fogeys within the box addressing a few of the concerns dealing with Catholic university leaders supplying perception and attainable strategies to those tough concerns. Our titles support all catholic educators and directors have the pro assets to satisfy the top criteria of excellence in Catholic schooling.
A viciously cogent assault upon all of humanity’s such a lot obdurate, irrational and sacred ideals. Victor Godot tracks God again to his little “hidey hole,” takes names and beats the holy crap out of him, mano y mano. outcome? Godot 1 - God zero, via decisive knockout.
- Politics for Christians: Statecraft as Soulcraft (Christian Worldview Integration Series)
- Focus on Religion in Central and Eastern Europe: A Regional View (Religion and Society)
- The Social Gospel in Black and White: American Racial Reform, 1885-1912 (Studies in Religion)
- Higher RMPS: Religious & Philosophical Questions
- Insearch: Psychology and Religion
- New Age, Neopagan, and New Religious Movements: Alternative Spirituality in Contemporary America
Extra resources for American Evangelicalism: George Marsden and the State of American Religious History