By Thomas Habinek
- Explores the position of the orator, specifically the 2 maximum figures of the culture, Demosthenes and Cicero
- Investigates where of rhetoric on the heart of historic education
- Considers the position of rhetoric because the finish of antiquity.
- Includes a word list of right names and technical phrases; a chronological desk of political occasions, authors, orators, and rhetorical works; and recommendations for additional reading.
Read or Download Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
Wendy B. Sharer explores the rhetorical and pedagogical practices wherein in demand postsuffrage organizations—the League of girls electorate and the Women’s foreign League for Peace and Freedom—challenged the conventions of male-dominated political discourse and proficient girls as strong rhetors.
Documentary images goals to trap the fabric truth of existence. In Rhetorical Exposures, Christopher Carter demonstrates how the production and reveal of documentary pictures— frequently now known as “ imagetexts” — either invite research and lift chronic questions about the political and social reasons for the grim scenes of poverty and misery captured on movie.
Hillary Rodham Clinton and the 2016 Election: Her Political and Social Discourse is an edited assortment that demonstrates the ways that Clinton has used political rhetoric and discourse to supply and assert her correct to management in her many jobs as First woman, Senator from ny, and Secretary of kingdom.
The artistic writing workshop has existed because the early a part of the twentieth century, yet does it accurately serve the scholars who come to it at the present time? whereas the workshop is frequently considered a sort of student-centered pedagogy, it seems that workshop conversations serve to marginalize various aesthetic orientations and the cultural histories to which they belong.
- Writing Studio Pedagogy: Space, Place, and Rhetoric in Collaborative Environments
- Toxic Tourism: Rhetorics of Pollution, Travel, and Environmental Justice (Albma Rhetoric Cult & Soc Crit)
- Rhetoric and Poetics in Antiquity
- Metaphor: A Practical Introduction
- Short: An International Anthology of Five Centuries of Short-Short Stories, Prose Poems, Brief Essays, and Other Short Prose Forms
Additional info for Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World)