By José M. de la Rosa
A entire evaluation of Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs) and a realistic advisor to their layout in nano-scale CMOS for optimum performance.
This ebook provides a scientific and finished compilation of sigma-delta converter working ideas, the recent advances in architectures and circuits, layout methodologies and useful issues − going from system-level standards to silicon integration, packaging and measurements, with emphasis on nanometer CMOS implementation. The ebook emphasizes useful layout concerns – from high-level behavioural modelling in MATLAB/SIMULINK, to circuit-level implementation in Cadence layout FrameWork II. in addition to being a complete connection with the idea, the publication is additionally precise in that it offers certain significance on functional matters, giving an in depth description of the various steps that represent the complete layout movement of sigma-delta ADCs.
The booklet starts off with an introductory survey of sigma-delta modulators, their basics architectures and synthesis tools lined in bankruptcy 1. In bankruptcy 2, the impression of major circuit mistakes mechanisms is analysed, offering the required figuring out of the most sensible matters affecting the functionality of sigma-delta modulators. the information derived from the 1st chapters is gifted within the ebook as a vital a part of the systematic top-down/bottom-up synthesis method of sigma-delta modulators defined in bankruptcy three, the place a time-domain behavioural simulator named SIMSIDES is defined and utilized to the high-level layout and verification of sigma-delta ADCs. bankruptcy four strikes farther down from system-level to the circuit and actual point, supplying a few layout thoughts and useful recipes to accomplish the layout circulate of sigma-delta modulators. To finish the e-book, bankruptcy five offers an outline of the state of the art sigma-delta ADCs, that are exhaustively analysed so one can extract functional layout guidance and to spot the incoming developments, layout demanding situations in addition to sensible ideas proposed by way of state of the art designs.
- Offers an entire survey of sigma-delta modulator architectures from basics to state-of-the paintings topologies, contemplating either switched-capacitor and continuous-time circuit implementations
- Gives a scientific research and useful layout advisor of sigma-delta modulators, from a top-down/bottom-up point of view, together with mathematical versions and analytical approaches, behavioural modeling in MATLAB/SIMULINK, macromodeling, and circuit-level implementation in Cadence layout FrameWork II, chip prototyping, and experimental characterization.
- Systematic compilation of state of the art sigma-delta modulators
- Complete description of SIMSIDES, a time-domain behavioural simulator carried out in MATLAB/SIMULINK
- Plenty of examples, case reports, and simulation attempt benches, masking the several phases of the layout circulate of sigma-delta modulators
- A variety of digital assets, together with SIMSIDES, the statistical facts utilized in the cutting-edge survey, in addition to many layout examples and try out benches are hosted on a better half website
Essential interpreting for Researchers and electronics engineering practitioners drawn to the layout of high-performance facts converters built-in in nanometer CMOS applied sciences; mixed-signal designers.
Read or Download CMOS Sigma-Delta Converters: Practical Design Guide (Wiley - IEEE) PDF
Similar electronics books
Reinforcement studying (RL) and adaptive dynamic programming (ADP) has been some of the most serious examine fields in technological know-how and engineering for contemporary complicated structures. This ebook describes the newest RL and ADP strategies for selection and keep an eye on in human engineered platforms, overlaying either unmarried participant determination and regulate and multi-player video games.
This identify describes the cutting-edge in all components of spatial advertising, discussing many of the components which make up the geography of markets. call for varies in keeping with situation and will be measured based on profit, the variety of families, spending styles and life. provide can also be depending on place, simply because costs, providers, items and on hand retailers depend upon situation, whereas the variation among provide and insist is the explanation for the position of the dealer.
An in depth and thorough reference at the self-discipline and perform of structures engineering the target of the foreign Council on platforms Engineering (INCOSE) platforms Engineering instruction manual is to explain key method actions played by means of structures engineers and different engineering pros in the course of the existence cycle of a approach.
This e-book relies on layout of technical circuits.
Extra resources for CMOS Sigma-Delta Converters: Practical Design Guide (Wiley - IEEE)